Basic principles agreed in Geneva yesterday
Saturday 09 September 1995
1. Bosnia and Hercegovina will continue its legal existence with its present borders and continuing international recognition.
2. Bosnia and Hercegovina will consist of two entities, the Federation of Bosnia and Hercegovina as established by the Washington Agreements, and the Republica Srpska (RS).
2.1 The 51:49 parameter of the territorial proposal of the Contact Group is the basis for a settlement. This territorial proposal is open for adjustment by mutual agreement.
2.2 Each entity will continue to existunder its present constitution (amended to accommodate these basic principles.)
2.3 Both entities will have the right to establish parallel special relationships with neighbouring countries, consistent with the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Bosnia and Hercegovina.
2.4 The two entities will enter into reciprocal commitments a) to hold complete elections under international auspices; b) to adopt and adhere to normal international human rights standards and obligations, including the obligation to allow freedom of movement and enable displaced persons to repossess their homes or receive just compensation; c) to engage in binding arbitration to resolve disputes between them.
3. The entities have agreed in principle to the following:
3.1 The appointment of a Commission for Displaced Persons authorized to enforce (with assistance from international entities) the obligations of both entities to enable displaced persons to repossess their homes or receive just compensation.
3.2 The establishment of a Bosnia and Hercegovina Human Rights Commission, to enforce the entities' human rights obligations. The two entities will abide by the Commission's decisions.
3.3 The establishment of joint Bosnia and Hercegovina public corporations, financed by the two entities, to own and operate transportation and other facilities for the benefit of both entities.
3.4 The appointment of a Commission to Preserve National Monuments.
3.5 The design and implementation of a system of arbitration for the solution of disputes between the two entities.
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£320 - £350 per day + extension beyond: PCR Recruitment Limited: Systems Engin...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company delivers display ad...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: 1st/2nd Line Suppo...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Internal Audit Ma...