Bombs found in UN food trucks
Wednesday 09 December 1992
ANKARA - Six bombs were found on UN food trucks bound for Iraqi Kurds, and the United Nations is to demand an explanation from Baghdad. Edmond Cain, the UN representative in Ankara, said the bombs had been discovered on Monday attached to six lorries in a 52-truck relief convoy which had just left Iraqi-controlled territory on its way to Kurdish-held northern Iraq. None of the bombs exploded.
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
Charles Saatchi accepts police caution for assault after trying to dismiss Nigella Lawson row as 'playful tiff'
Brazil kicks off: World Cup excess draws hundreds of thousands to street protests
Google, BT and Yahoo! agree plan to tackle child porn
Exposed: Edward Erin, the doctor whose faked asthma drug test results proved fatal
- 1 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 2 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 3 Should we intervene? Our response to the Charles Saatchi and Nigella Lawson assault is shocking too
- 4 Exclusive: Cristiano Ronaldo advised to stay at Real Madrid for further 18 months before making possible switch to Manchester United
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...