Boost for Clinton as Senate approves deficit-cutting plan
Friday 02 April 1993
Senators also tackled an associated proposal to launch a dollars 16.3bn job-creation package to help stimulate the economy. Though more controversial, it was expected to win approval. Debate on details of the plan, which will require spending cuts and some tax increases, will not go before Congress until the autumn.
- 1 If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
- 2 David De Gea: Manchester United goalkeeper's £29m move to Real Madrid off - because paperwork 'not done in time'
- 3 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 4 Pansexual: What is it - and when did the term gain popularity?
- 5 New Apple TV release date and price: streaming box and games console will launch in October
Bono's group has made more money from Facebook investment than from all his music
Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
Auschwitz museum defends mist showers installed during heat wave after visitor complains they are reminiscent of gas chambers
Nazi 'gold train': Fire engulfs suspected location of vehicle in Poland
A Chinese journalist has appeared on state television 'confessing' to causing the stock market chaos
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
UN investigating British Government over human rights abuses caused by IDS welfare reforms
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This independent agency with br...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This specialist consultancy pro...
£19000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An exciting new opportunity has...
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...