Bush fails on US geography
Saturday 08 August 1992
Campaigning in Colorado, Mr Bush called the Democratic presidential candidate, Bill Clinton, 'the governor of a certain state . . . located somewhere between Texas and Oklahoma'. The Red River, not Mr Clinton's state of Arkansas, is the only thing between Texas and Oklahoma. 'The man who promised he would be America's education president doesn't know his geography,' said Mr Clinton's local campaign leader.
Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
Strewth mate. Aussies wave goodbye to Britain as it becomes too pricey to stay
World news in pictures
X marks the spot: The find that could rewrite Australian history
'There are empty spaces where there used to be living rooms, bedrooms, classrooms': President Barack Obama says America is praying for Oklahoma in wake of tornado that claimed 24 lives
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Tottenham to smash pay scale with £150,000-a-week contract in attempt to tie Gareth Bale to club
- 3 Austerity has hardened the nation's heart
- 4 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 5 Why Arsène Wenger must spend to put icing on the cake and buy likes of Stevan Jovetic for Arsenal
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£26000 - £33000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Sheffield: We are currently recruiting newly qu...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
£53000 - £58000 per annum: Randstad Education Group: Assistant Headteacher - S...