Claim on Mexico deaths
Monday 03 October 1994
Carlos Angel Cantu handed himself in to authorities in the border town of Matamoros on Saturday and was flown to the capital for questioning, police in Matamoros said. The Attorney-General, Humberto Benitez, has said Mr Cantu was hired along with the confessed gunman, Daniel Aguilar, to murder Francico Ruiz Massieu, secretary-general of Mexico's long- ruling Institutional Revolutionary Party.
Mr Cantu, a friend of Aguilar, was allegedly with him when he shot Ruiz outside a Mexico City hotel on Wednesday. Reuter/AFP
- 1 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 2 Watch: Man takes selfie every mile of 2,600 mile hike, creates amazing timelapse video
- 3 The day I starred in Only Fools and Horses
- 4 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers
Germanwings plane crash: Co-pilot Andreas Lubitz wanted to 'do something people would remember him for'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
£6 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join a gro...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Service Delivery Manager is required to join...
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A opportunity has arisen for a ...
£32000 - £38000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A successful accountancy practice in...