2 foreigners among dead in Croatia train crash
Saturday 25 July 2009
Croatian hospital officials say a French woman and a man holding dual Serbian and Spanish citizenship were among those killed in a train derailment in Croatia.
Six people died and 55 were injured when a two-car high-speed train derailed in a remote area of southern Croatia on Friday. It was carrying about 90 passengers from the capital Zagreb to Split on the south.
Simun Andjelinovic from the pathology department of the hospital in Split said Saturday the other four victims were Croatians.
The cause of the accident is being investigated, but results are not expected before next week.
Hospital officials say that 13 of the injured - including a child - are still hospitalized, but none is in a life-threatening condition.
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst - C++, Boost...
£30000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Junior Quant Analyst (Machine Lea...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...