Bag of explosives found in Copenhagen street
Monday 17 September 2012
A bag of explosives was found on a street of the Danish capital Copenhagen early today and bomb specialists were attempting to determine its origin.
Police sealed off the street in the Sydhavn district of Copenhagen after the bag was discovered by a passer-by in the early hours, while dogs searched the area for potentially more explosives.
"Something points to the explosive being of military origin," police Deputy Chief Superintendent Henrik Jakobsen said.
"Specialists are now analysing the explosive while police are trying to determine how it has ended up in the middle of a Copenhagen street," he said.
Denmark has foiled several attempted militant attacks since daily newspaper Jyllands-Posten published cartoons lampooning the Prophet Mohammad in 2005.
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Oscars 2015: Birdman beats Boyhood as Eddie Redmayne and Patricia Arquette win big - as it happened
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
Half of Ukip voters say they are prejudiced against people of other races
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
Aqsa Mahmood branded a 'disgrace' by her parents after claims she recruited three UK girls flying to Middle East
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small, friendly, proactive...
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...