Belgian prostitutes make new Dominique Strauss-Kahn rape claims
A judicial official says French investigators are studying accusations
that Dominique Strauss-Kahn was involved in a rape in a Washington hotel
Strauss-Kahn, via his lawyers, said Friday that he denies any violence.
An official at the prosecutor's office in the northern city of Lille said that investigating judges want to broaden their probe into a suspected prostitution ring to examine the rape claim.
Strauss-Kahn was handed preliminary charges for alleged aggravated pimping in the prostitution probe.
The official was not authorized to be publicly named because of prosecutor's office policy.
French daily Liberation said the accusation came from two Belgian prostitutes questioned in the prostitution probe.
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Salary Package - £60K to £120K: Austen Lloyd: We have an exciting op...
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer - Urgent Requirem...
£70000 - £95000 per annum + Bonus, flexible working hours, remote work: Progre...
£50000 - £56000 per annum + Benefits package, flexible working hours: Progress...