Four jailed for Roma attack in Czech Republic
Thursday 21 October 2010
A Czech court has convicted four right-wing extremists of an arson attack on a Roma family, that badly injured a two-year-old girl, and sentenced them to long prison terms.
The four were charged with racially motivated attempted murder for an attack in April last year on a Roma family's house in the north-east town of Vitkov.
The girl, Natalka, suffered severe burns to 80 per cent of her body and was in a serious condition for months.
Judge Miloslav Studnicka said the trial proved that their intention was to kill the Roma family who lived in the house "because of their race".
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year
£110 - £200 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Secondary Maths Teacher for spe...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...