French soldier killed in northern Mali says Hollande
Tuesday 19 February 2013
President Francois Hollande says that a French soldier has been killed in a clash with extremists in a mountainous region of northern Mali.
The death on Tuesday of a Foreign Legionnaire brings to two the number of French troops killed since the start of the French military intervention on Jan. 11 — the day a helicopter pilot was killed.
Hollande, speaking during a visit to Greece, says "We are now in the last phase of the operation" to root out extremists from northern Mali.
The French-led operation aimed at preventing the extremists, who are inspired by radical Islam, from grabbing more territory in the African country.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior QA Engineer Tes...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: C# .NET Developer (P...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Confide...