Ireland reunified – in its passports at least, which include a map of whole island
Monday 30 September 2013
The new Irish passport includes verses in Ulster Scots as well as a map of the entire island for the first time.
Extracts from the Irish constitution stating the birthright of anyone born north or south of the border to be part of the Irish nation are also prominent throughout the redesign. Tanaiste Eamon Gilmore played down any significance in the inclusion of a map of the island. “It’s a topographical map... it is not intended to be a map of the administrative or political arrangements,” he said.
Mr Gilmore added that the Irish government had not consulted the Northern Ireland Secretary, Theresa Villiers, about the revamp.
Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Air traffic control glitch now resolved – after more than 200 flights were forced to cancel
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# ASP.NET Developer (...
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Senior C# WPF .NET Dev...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: QA Manual Tester FX Trading Platform/Derivative...