Moscow blanketed by record snowfall
A record-breaking snowfall in Moscow has disrupted flights and created havoc on the roads.
The weather service said today that a third of November's typical amount of snow had fallen in the past 24 hours, creating a 4.7in (12cm) cover - and more is forecast.
Moscow's city hall said the Russian capital has not seen a bigger snowfall in November for about 50 years.
Roads in the capital were clogged up and about 70 flights from Domodedovo airport, Moscow's largest, were disrupted overnight.
Today, all three of the capital's airports were working normally.
Have shock jocks gone too far after Rush Limbaugh called Sandra Fluke a slut?
The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
World news in pictures
British father faces charges after confessing to slitting his two children's throats in Lyon flat
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Gareth Bale agrees new £130,000-a-week Tottenham contract - but can leave next season for £50m
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
£500 per day: Orgtel: A top tier banking client urgently requires Finance Busi...
£450 - £500 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: BI Developer (SQL Server 2008,...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Reading: Our client is a co-educational boardin...
£60000 - £70000 per annum: Progressive Recruitment: Your technical knowledge o...