One of France's best-known criminal lawyers Olivier Metzner found dead on beach
Sunday 17 March 2013
Police have discovered the body of one of France's most prominent lawyers washed up on a beach near his home in Brittany.
The Vannes public prosecutor's office said 63-year-old Olivier Metzner was found dead about 9am after leaving a note.
Metzner was famed in France for defending high-profile figures such as trader Jerome Kerviel and former French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin.
His associate, Antonin Levy, told The Associated Press that Metzner's death represented a huge loss to the French bar, calling him a “great lawyer and a fighter.” Levy could not confirm French media reports that the note was a suicide letter.
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
David Haines remembered: Death of British hostage executed by Isis lamented from the Balkans to Sudan
Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton nude pictures exhibition cancelled after artist concedes photos were 'stolen property'
David Haines beheading: David Cameron says Britain will hunt down Isis 'monsters' shown in video murdering aid worker
Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
Jennifer Lawrence to make public appearance after nude photo leaks as Met Gala Ball 2015 co-host
£65 - £75 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We are currently seeking Higher L...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Job opportunity for an Early years ...
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£70 - £100 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Experienced bursar or business...