Spanish police hold 17 over £19m heist
Thursday 17 October 2013
Spanish police have arrested 17 people for their role in stealing watches worth €23m (£19m), resolving one of the country's biggest jewellery heists.
A police statement said the thieves used lasers to break into a Madrid watch store in December 2012 and steal the 1,710 watches, later offloaded to black markets in China. Those arrested include the gang's alleged mastermind, "The Troll", blamed for several smash-and-grabs on Madrid's wealthy Serrano street.
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits: Harrington Starr: A global Con...
£31000 - £43000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: This se...
£27000 - £45000 per annum: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Lambeth...