The Netherlands: 'Weed pass' plan is axed
Wednesday 31 October 2012
The new government has scrapped plans for a national "weed pass" that would have been available only to residents, and would have effectively banned tourists from Amsterdam's marijuana cafés.
However, under a pact unveiled this week, cities can bar foreigners from weed shops if they choose. Amsterdam opposes a ban, saying it would hurt tourism.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits: Harrington Starr: Product Specia...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading, Cit...
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Cornwallis Elt : Senior Business Analyst- Data, SD...
£45000 per annum + benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Audit Senior? Incredible P...