Top priest testifies in abuse trial
The child abuse scandal that has rocked the Catholic Church in the United States turned a new page this week as Monsignor William Lynn, of the Philadelphia Archdiocese, below, testified at his trial on charges of child endangerment and conspiracy.
Monsignor Lynn, a former secretary of the clergy, is the most senior Catholic Church official to be prosecuted in the US so far.
The trial, at the Common Pleas Court, is already in its ninth week. Monsignor Lynn is not accused of having molested minors himself, but could face 28 years in jail if convicted.
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis could become 'world’s first truly terrorist state' and bomb UK with nuclear and chemical weapons, Theresa May warns
Car tax disc changes: Five facts you never knew about your (almost obsolete) tax disc
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >
Negotiable: Randstad Education Plymouth: Randstad Education Ltd are seeking Nu...
£120 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: The Job; Experienced PMLD Teac...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Leeds: Randstad Education is the UK market lead...
£100 - £180 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: SEN Teacher requiredRandstad Ed...