Two more climbers die on Mont Blanc
Two more climbers have died on Mont Blanc in the Alps following the deaths of nine people last week in a massive avalanche.
A military official from the Alpine rescue team in Entreves, Italy, said that the bodies of a Polish woman and Spanish man were found 14,436ft (4,400 meters) up on the Dome du Gouter, on the Italian-French border.
He said the two had been climbing with two Spaniards when they got caught in bad weather on Friday night.
On reaching a mountain refuge yesterday the two Spaniards alerted authorities who sent help for their friends.
The official said an Italian rescue helicopter located the two last night, but they were already dead.
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a senior appointment with huge potent...
£28000 - £31500 per annum + benefits: Randstad Education Newcastle: Permanent ...
£50000 - £58000 per annum + Benefits and Bonus: Progressive Recruitment: SAP F...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + BENS: Progressive Recruitment: Drupal Developer A ...