Fears ease over the Pope's health
Monday 14 June 1993
Pope John Paul II yesterday exhorted 600,000 worshippers to greater commitment to Christ's message as an aide eased widespread concerns about the pontiff's health, AFP reports from Seville.
The mass marked the closure of the International Eucharist Congress. Observers noted on Saturday that the pontiff seemed extremely tired, especially during the Mass celebrated at Seville's main sports hall. But a Vatican spokesman, Joaquin Navarro, reassured journalists that the Pope was in 'good shape'.
- 1 Serena Williams apologises after comment that rape victim 'shouldn't have put herself in that position'
- 2 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 3 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 4 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 5 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
£500 - £600 per day: Orgtel: FX Options Front Office Java / C# Developer - Ba...
£600 - £700 per day: Orgtel: Project Manager - Front Office - Regulatory IT C...
£33000 - £35000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
£21000 - £22000 per annum: Randstad Education Chelmsford: NQTs required now fo...