Filipina maid's fate still in the balance
Tuesday 19 September 1995
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - In an attempt to dampen a furore over the death sentence given to a Filipina maid who killed her abusive employer, the government said that the court ruling was not final. "A death sentence in the United Arab Emirates can be carried out only after it is endorsed by the President," Sheik Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahyan said in a Justice Ministry statement. In Kuwait City, a Kuwaiti woman was sentenced to 10 years in jail for battering her housemaid to death with her shoe. AP
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria
Negotiable Depending on Experience: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green R...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: The Green Recruitmen...
Negotiable: Progressive Recruitment: Dear Sumadhab, A growing engineering comp...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Ilford: We are currently recruiting for a Year ...