Flat Earth: Wedding march: 'Paint It Black'
Sunday 31 July 1994
Black? For summer? With white accessories? Who designed this?
Our Middle East wedding- gown analyst points out that a careful look at the photo reveals distinguishable lines in the dress, just above the bride's bust, and in the sleeves.
The magazine's censors - sorry, fashion critics - apparently found the original low-cut, white gown too revealing. To please their conservative and influential Saudi friends, they decided to add a bit more cloth to it. The white dress, with off-the-shoulder straps, was given a broad black neckline and sleeves.
Ugly, ugly, but what to do? Solution: make the whole gown black. Morticia would have loved it.
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Exclusive: UK approved £7m Israeli arms sales in six months before Gaza conflict
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Required skills include SQL querying, SSRS, u...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: C#.Net Developer - C#, ASP.Net, HTML...
Negotiable: Argyll Scott International: Senior Business Analyst - Insurance ...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This independent, growing Sales...