Tuesday 19 March 1996
Zhukovsky, Russia - The Tupolev company has unveiled a prototype update of its Tu-144 "Concordsky" airliner, which it hopes US money will turn into the supersonic passenger aircraft of the 21st century. The Tu-144LL retains the drop-nosed, delta-wing look of the 28-year-old Soviet rival to Concorde but is fitted with more powerful engines, developed for nuclear bombers. Reuter
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £45000 per annum + BONUS + BENEFITS: Harrington Starr: A leading, Cit...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits + bonus: Harrington Starr: Data Analyst -...
£30000 - £42000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: North London Seni...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + study support: Pro-Recruitment Group: An exception...