Foreigners escape as Cambodia door closes
Tuesday 08 July 1997
The exodus came as fighting sparked by the weekend coup by the Second Prime Minister, Hun Sen, against the First Prime Minister, Prince Norodom Ranariddh, spread from the capital, Phnom Penh, to the provinces. Those taken in convoy from north-west Cambodia to the border town of Aranyapratet included three Britons, the colonel said. AP - Aranyapratet, Thailand
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Ten best places to live in the UK: Solihull comes top
Mysterious glowing ‘alien-like creature’ spotted in waters of Bristol Harbour. A jellyfish - or something fishy?
Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
UK weather: Thousands evacuated along East Coast as more surge tides forecast
Nelson Mandela death: his life in pictures
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 Nelson Mandela: From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen
- < Previous
- Next >
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Teacher of English MP...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Out of Hours Club Mana...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Room Leaders required ...
Negotiable: Capita Education Resourcing Permanent Team: Teacher of MFL German...