Hanging Rock gunmen in court
Thursday 01 April 1993
The killing came to an end earlier in the day when one of the men killed himself in the remote Hanging Rock cattle station in the Gibraltar Mountains, 300 miles north of Sydney, ending a 27- hour siege. The two others appeared in court charged with murder.
The gang leader, Leonard Leabeater, 41, shot himself shortly after dawn after his partner Robert Steele, 22, surrendered to police. A third man, Raymond Bassett, 25, gave himself up on Tuesday.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Chemical and radiation experts investigate after death of man found inside tent in field
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Turning up the voice of America
- 2 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 An obsessive’s documenting of Israeli war crimes in Lebanon can show us how the West lost respect for international law
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Java Developer...
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Java De...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: SQL Server MI Developer needed for Euro...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Oracle Developer PL/SQL, MYSQL, UNIX, ...