Hurd warns on HK elections
Tuesday 07 December 1993
Fair and open elections to a new Hong Kong administration are vital to secure the economic future of the colony, Douglas Hurd said yesterday, Reuter reports from London.
Otherwise, the Foreign Secretary told parliament, Hong Kong risked being exposed to a system 'open to manipulation and corruption'.
Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
The ten coldest places on Earth
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Krokodil in Mexico? Teenager hospitalised after 'injecting drug into her genitals'
Nelson Mandela memorial: Cheers, jeers and a masterclass from Barack Obama that stole the show
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >
£320 - £350 per day + extension beyond: PCR Recruitment Limited: Systems Engin...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company delivers display ad...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: 1st/2nd Line Suppo...
£44000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Internal Audit Ma...