Koalas in wild face extinction
Friday 02 October 1992
The foundation was voicing concern on the eve of the country's National Koala Day aimed at raising funds for research and protection of the tree-living marsupial. Some wildlife experts fear the koala population has halved from an estimated 400,000 in the mid-1980s.
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 4 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 5 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.