Middle East Accord: The Players For Peace
Saturday 04 September 1999
He agreed the accord, but proved extremely reluctant to implement it. When he did begin, it brought down his right-wing coalition government
Dying from cancer, he flew to the US last October to lend moral support to the negotiators. Bill Clinton, for one, was deeply grateful for his efforts
The fact that the deal is to be signed in Alexandria helps confirm the Egyptian President as a player on the international stage. Had a useful backstage role
Forced to make many concessions since 1993 Oslo accord, but has gained ground too. Israel has made him fight for every inch of the West Bank
Said on meeting Yasser Arafat, after becoming Prime Minister in May, that he wanted to revise the terms of the Wye Agreement "in the interest of both sides"
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...