Anti-Zionist voice of Donald Duck sacked
Wednesday 12 February 2014
The voice of Donald Duck in the Middle East has been fired after saying he had “so much hate inside me” and called for the destruction of Israel.
Wael Mansour, an Egyptian radio personality, celebrated his dismissal from the cartoon on Twitter, saying he was “proud” he had been fired.
“Disney decided I am no longer the official voice of Donald Duck in its Middle-East dubbed cartoons because of an anti-Zionism tweet,” he said in a message to his followers, which surged from 5,000 on 7 February to more than 30,000 today.
The offending tweet, which he sent in August, said: “I truly wish #Israel is demolished, I hate Zionism, I have so much hate inside me with every single child they murder or land they seize!” Mr Mansour also referred to Israelis as “a bunch of Polish/Ethiopian immigrants roughly 70 years old”.
Abigail Disney, the grand-niece of Walt Disney, said his tweets were “repellent”. Ms Disney recently said she “loved” a speech by Meryl Streep which described Walt as a “hideous anti-Semite”.
Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
'Gene drive': Scientists sound alarm over supercharged GM organisms which could spread in the wild and cause environmental disasters
Labour leadership race: Jeremy Corbyn could be the next Prime Minister, says Ken Clarke
Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 Sabrina Corgatelli: US hunting tourist posts picture of herself with dead giraffe after Cecil the lion outrage
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale divorce: One of music industry’s most enduring couples announce split after 12 years of marriage
- 5 A-level results 2015: UK exam board OCR admits it 'estimates' hundreds of pupils' grades after papers 'go missing'
£15000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: You will have worked within the...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This company provides mortgages, savings and i...
£14000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is a well-respecte...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to sell somethin...