Army aims to close Gaza tunnels
Monday 05 September 2011
Egypt's military has begun an operation to shut a network of smuggling tunnels under the Gaza border following an outbreak of tension with Israel.
Hundreds of tunnels snake under the border.
Israel says that Gaza's Hamas rulers bring weapons, ammunition and rockets through the tunnels and use them to smuggle militants out. Officials said that this week, three mechanised sensors were activated to identify the tunnel locations and also to mark them out for destruction. AP
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Of all the computers Apple has ever made there’s only one that Steve Jobs had to sell his car to finance
Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
Isis releases first video showing the stoning of woman accused of committing adultery as her father shouts 'don't call me Dad'
Diwali: What is the festival of lights – and how is it celebrated around the world?
Nathan Cirillo: Final pictures emerge of soldier moments before he was shot dead by Ottowa gunman
Ottawa shootings: Terror strikes Canadian capital as attacks leave one soldier and one suspect dead
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our large organisa...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, Adobe, ...
£20000 - £22000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Systems Tester - Functional/Non-Func...
£350 - £360 per day: Ashdown Group: SQL Developer with T-SQL, Watford, Hertfor...