Baghdad explosions break period of calm
Monday 20 September 2010
Three car bombs tore through Baghdad and the former insurgent stronghold of Fallujah yesterday, killing at least 36 people and breaking a period of relative calm in Iraq since the end of Ramadan. The violence was the worst since the number of American troops in the country dropped below 50,000.
The deadliest attack took place in north Baghdad's Kazimiyah neighbourhood when a car bomb killed at least 21 people and wounded more than 70. At least 10 people were killed in another car attack in western Baghdad's Mansour neighbourhood. In Fallujah, a suicide attacker in a car struck an Iraqi army patrol, killing one Iraqi soldier and four civilians.
California teacher appears to have hanged herself in her classroom
The City of the Monkey God: Archaeologists claim to have found city lost for 1,000 years in remote Honduran jungle
Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
Bubonic plague-carrying fleas found on New York City rats
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
£7800 - £13455 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A career opportunity has become ...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Due to the consistent growth of...
£18000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ex...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity exists for an ou...