Bombs kill nine US soldiers in Iraq
Tuesday 06 March 2007
Nine US soldiers died in explosions north of Baghdad, the military said today.
All nine were assigned to Task Force Lightning and died yesterday in two separate incidents in the provinces of Salahuddin and Diyala.
Six soldiers were killed when a bomb exploded near their vehicles during a combat operation in Salahuddin, the military said in a statement. Three other soldiers were wounded and transported to an American military hospital for treatment, it said.
In another incident the same day, three more soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb in Diyala, another statement said. One soldier was wounded.
Names were withheld pending family notification.
East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
Children take eight Isis captives to be beheaded in latest propaganda video
Jeremy Clarkson 'could be given minder' ahead of a potential Top Gear return
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Yorkshire man to win £10,000 off a £1 bet placed six years ago if Dan Jarvis becomes Labour Party leader
- 3 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 4 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 5 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen withi...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company are Consulting Str...
£19000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Account Executive is require...
£27300 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Self-employed B2B Sales Consult...