Car bomb attacks kill five in Iraqi city
Sunday 26 May 2013
A car bomb has hit a patrol in Mosul, one of three attacks in the northern Iraqi city that left five dead.
A police officer said the car bomb went off early this morning at a house as a joint army-police unit was conducting door-to-door searches, killing two policemen and one soldier. He said 21 people, including 4 civilians, were wounded.
In the city centre militants gunned down a policeman in his car. Authorities also found a body floating in the Tigris river, shot at close range with the hands tied behind the back.
Mosul, some 225 miles northwest of Baghdad, is a former stronghold of Sunni militants.
A medical official confirmed the casualty figures.
- 1 Are you turning into your dad? The top ten signs you've embraced dad-ism revealed as survey says 38 is age men turn into their father
- 2 Overheard in Waitrose: documenting the chatter in 'Britain's poshest supermarket'
- 3 Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy attacked as 'sinful'
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Grace Dent on TV: Game of Thrones has jumped the shark
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...