Car bomb attacks kill five in Iraqi city
Sunday 26 May 2013
A car bomb has hit a patrol in Mosul, one of three attacks in the northern Iraqi city that left five dead.
A police officer said the car bomb went off early this morning at a house as a joint army-police unit was conducting door-to-door searches, killing two policemen and one soldier. He said 21 people, including 4 civilians, were wounded.
In the city centre militants gunned down a policeman in his car. Authorities also found a body floating in the Tigris river, shot at close range with the hands tied behind the back.
Mosul, some 225 miles northwest of Baghdad, is a former stronghold of Sunni militants.
A medical official confirmed the casualty figures.
Peaches Geldof funeral: Bob Geldof leads tributes at emotional service in same church she married husband Thomas Cohen and mother Paula Yates was buried
Pope Francis ‘told divorced and remarried woman there is nothing wrong with her taking Communion’, Italian newspaper says
Man gives barefoot bus passenger the shoes off his feet
50-year mystery of the ocean ‘quack’ finally solved by scientists
Justin Bieber apologises for visiting Yasukuni Shrine in Japan: Site at centre of international row honours convicted WWII war criminals
- 1 William Shakespeare's 450th birthday: 50 everyday phrases that came from the Bard
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Pope Francis ‘told divorced and remarried woman there is nothing wrong with her taking Communion’, Italian newspaper says
- 4 Man gives barefoot bus passenger the shoes off his feet
- 5 50-year mystery of the ocean ‘quack’ finally solved by scientists
Excellent Salary Package: Austen Lloyd: This is a rare high level opportunity ...
Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: This is an excellent opportunity within...
£80000 - £120000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: US QUALI...
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: Banking / Finance Associate - We have an exce...