Civilians killed in Baghdad bank bombing
Wednesday 28 July 2010
A bomb explosion has killed six people including five civilians in a Shiite slum in eastern Baghdad, Iraqi police and health officials said today.
Another 15 were injured when the bomb went off near a state-run bank in Sadr City, where retirees were waiting to get their pensions, police and hospital officials said.
Those killed were three men, two women and one Iraqi security official.
There has been a decline of violence across Iraq over the last two years, but low-level attacks do continue, especially in Baghdad.
Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
MH370: Boeing 777 wing that could match missing plane found on the French island of Reunion
MH370 debris: Investigators 'confident' that Boeing 777 wing found - live updates
Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: With extensive experience and a...
£26000 - £34000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: Due to on-going expansion, this leading provid...
£6 - £8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a family ...