Civilians killed in Baghdad bank bombing
Wednesday 28 July 2010
A bomb explosion has killed six people including five civilians in a Shiite slum in eastern Baghdad, Iraqi police and health officials said today.
Another 15 were injured when the bomb went off near a state-run bank in Sadr City, where retirees were waiting to get their pensions, police and hospital officials said.
Those killed were three men, two women and one Iraqi security official.
There has been a decline of violence across Iraq over the last two years, but low-level attacks do continue, especially in Baghdad.
Spain accused of 'provocation' after letting Russian submarine refuel off Gibraltar
The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
Allonautilus scrobiculatus: World's 'rarest' creature spotted for only the third time ever
Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
Bangkok Bomb: Thai police name Adem Karadag as suspect arrested over blast that killed 20
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...