Damascus bombings: At least 30 killed in four bomb attacks

Al Manar TV said the blasts were caused by a car bomb and two suicide attackers

At least 30 people were killed in four bomb attacks that hit a southern suburb of Damascus on Sunday, pro-government media outlets and a monitoring group said.

Isis have claimed responsibility for the attack. 

Syrian state TV put the toll at 30 people. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said it was at least 31 with dozens more injured.

Al Manar TV, which is run by Damascus ally Lebanese Hezbollah, said the blasts were caused by a car bomb and two suicide attackers. 

Hezbollah are fighting alongside Syrian government forces and maintains a large presence in the Sayyida Zeinab area, where the bombings took place. 

Isis claimed responsibility for a triple bomb attack which killed more than 60 people in Sayyida Zeinab last month. 

Reuters

Comments