Damascus recalls envoy to Washington
Diplomatic relations between the US and Syria deteriorated as Damascus recalled its envoy to Washington yesterday.
The retaliatory move came hours after the US accused Syria of leading an "incitement campaign" which drove its ambassador to leave Damascus amid growing security concerns.
Robert Ford, who has repeatedly denounced Syria's President, Bashar al-Assad, over crackdowns against pro-democracy protesters, left Syria on Saturday in response to "credible threats against his personal safety". Mr Ford and his aides were attacked with rocks by demonstrators as they attempted to visit a political opposition figure last month.
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
Syria conflict: Syrian and Turkish Kurds unite to battle Isis threat - ‘We shoot them like sheep, but next day double the number return’
Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- < Previous
- Next >
Competitive: The Green Recruitment Company: The Organisation: The Green Recrui...
£350 - £400 per annum + competitive: Orgtel: Project Manager (specializing in ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Embedded Sof...
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: Working for a m...