Dozens die in Iraq market blasts
Wednesday 04 July 2012
At least 44 people were killed in bomb attacks on markets yesterday. Police said they bore the hallmarks of sectarian attacks on Shia Muslims by al-Qa'ida Sunni militants.
A bomb in a small truck exploded in a market in Diwaniya, killing 40 people, and other blasts killed four more near Karbala, police said.
The Diwaniya bombing was near a Shia mosque where pilgrims gather on their way to Karbala to celebrate the birth of one of their most important imams, al-Mahdi.
Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Wreckage could be found within a week as search reaches 'very critical juncture', says minister
The new people’s republic of east Ukraine
Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
Royal Tour 2014: Is the Duchess of Cambridge the only person ever to climb into a fighter jet wearing a dress and high heels?
- 1 Easter egg hunt horror as mother finds dead body under deck of house
- 2 'Natural' energy drink banned for containing erectile dysfunction drug
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Loch Ness Monster found on Apple Maps?
- 5 Kingdom Tower: Construction of 1km high new world’s tallest building to begin next week in Saudi Arabia
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...