Egyptian entry rules eased for Palestinians
Tuesday 24 July 2012
Egypt is allowing freer entry for Palestinians, in an unprecedented move that eases long-imposed travel restrictions, particularly on Gazans, Egyptian and Palestinian officials said yesterday.
Until now, any Palestinian under 40 entering or leaving Gaza was "deported" upon arriving in Egypt – taken in security escorts from the airport directly to the Gaza border to ensure they spent no time in Egyptian territory. The new measures allow Palestinians to cross through Egypt on their own arrangements, allowing them to stay for up to 72 hours.
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...