Family seeks to block Hamas film
Monday 21 May 2012
The family of a slain Hamas agent is seeking to block the release of a film being made in Israel about his assassination in a Dubai hotel in 2010.
The killing of Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was widely blamed on Israel's Mossad spy agency.
Emmanuel Nakash, the French-Israeli director of Kidon, or Spear, has said his film is not meant to be factual. In a plot twist, a gang of criminals murder Mabhouh to frame the Mossad. One scene shows Mabhouh, a senior figure in an Islamic fundamentalist group, flirting in a hotel bar.
Ahmed al-Mabhouh, a cousin, said the family believed the film was a "distortion".
Liam Neeson's Downton dreams
Scottish independence referendum results: David Cameron pledges plans for 'English votes for English laws' by January
Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
Scottish referendum results: David Cameron set to unveil major devolution of powers to England
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Scottish independence live: Scotland gives a clear 'No' in historic referendum - as it happened
- 3 iOS 8 is full of shiny new features - but it's terrible news for app developers
- 4 Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...
£27000 - £31000 Per Annum Excellent Benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...
Competitive Salary: Randstad Education Group: Randstad Education is urgently s...