Five killed and at least 70 hurt in market blasts
Friday 01 March 2013
Five people were killed and dozens of others injured when two car bombs exploded at a livestock in southern Iraq, an official said today.
The head of the provincial council, Jubair al-Jabouri, said 70 people were wounded in the attack in Diwaniyah.
He blamed the blasts on al-Qa'ida, though there was no immediate claim of responsibility.
Diwaniyah is 80 miles (130km) south of Baghdad.
Violence in Iraq has fallen since the height of sectarian fighting in 2006 and 2007, but deadly attacks are still frequent.
Today's attacks come a day after bombings in Baghdad and towns south of the Iraqi capital killed at least 22 people.
David Haines remembered: Death of British hostage executed by Isis lamented from the Balkans to Sudan
Jennifer Lawrence and Kate Upton nude pictures exhibition cancelled after artist concedes photos were 'stolen property'
David Haines beheading: David Cameron says Britain will hunt down Isis 'monsters' shown in video murdering aid worker
Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
Jennifer Lawrence to make public appearance after nude photo leaks as Met Gala Ball 2015 co-host
- 1 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 Piers Morgan attempts to save the Union by promising to go back to the US if Scotland votes 'No' to independence
- 4 Tyler, The Creator says having new U2 album automatically downloaded on his iPhone was 'like waking up with herpes'
- 5 Grandmas keep accidentally tagging themselves as Grandmaster Flash on Facebook
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Job opportunity for an Early years ...
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...
£70 - £100 per day: Randstad Education Bristol: Experienced bursar or business...
Competitive & Flexible: Randstad Education Cambridge: Randstad Education are l...