Five killed and at least 70 hurt in market blasts
Friday 01 March 2013
Five people were killed and dozens of others injured when two car bombs exploded at a livestock in southern Iraq, an official said today.
The head of the provincial council, Jubair al-Jabouri, said 70 people were wounded in the attack in Diwaniyah.
He blamed the blasts on al-Qa'ida, though there was no immediate claim of responsibility.
Diwaniyah is 80 miles (130km) south of Baghdad.
Violence in Iraq has fallen since the height of sectarian fighting in 2006 and 2007, but deadly attacks are still frequent.
Today's attacks come a day after bombings in Baghdad and towns south of the Iraqi capital killed at least 22 people.
Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
April Fools' Day 2015 live: The best pranks and fake stories from around the world
University of Cambridge: Remains of 1,300 scholars are found under building
Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
£21000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A bookkeeper/receptionist posit...
£28500 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company offers unique corp...
£20000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This world leader in the design...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company has 30 years of ex...