Grenade attacks on Syrian bank and police
Monday 30 April 2012
Attackers have fired rocket-propelled grenades at the Central Bank and a police patrol in the Syrian capital, Damascus, the state news agency said today.
Sana said four policemen were hurt and the bank building was slightly damaged.
Elsewhere, 10 people were injured in two bomb blasts in the north-western city of Idlib, an activist said.
State media blamed the attacks on “armed terrorists”, a term it uses to describe those trying to overthrow President Bashar Assad.
A largely peaceful uprising began more than 13 months ago but turned into an insurgency under a regime crackdown.
The UN is trying to enforce a ceasefire, and a Norwegian general arrived in Syria yesterday to take command of a team of truce observers.
Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart bromance continues: X-Men star gushes about 'pussy cat' BFF Patrick Stewart
David Cameron stung by jellyfish: PM hurt after ignoring advice of locals while on holiday
South Korea ferry: Vice principal rescued from sinking ship found hanged
Hollande's affair: Catherine Deneuve and Sophie Marceau in war of words over President's relationship with Julie Gayet
Kim Jong-un, crowds and contraband kit: Inside North Korea with the the Pyongyang marathon winner
- 1 KFC 'sorry' after lesbian couple are kicked out of Bath restaurant for 'heavy petting'
- 2 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 'Sinful': Video of British Muslims dancing to Pharrell Williams's hit Happy comes under attack
- 5 PFA Player of the Year: Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge and Steven Gerrard all nominated as Liverpool dominate award shortlist
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...