Grenade attacks on Syrian bank and police
Monday 30 April 2012
Attackers have fired rocket-propelled grenades at the Central Bank and a police patrol in the Syrian capital, Damascus, the state news agency said today.
Sana said four policemen were hurt and the bank building was slightly damaged.
Elsewhere, 10 people were injured in two bomb blasts in the north-western city of Idlib, an activist said.
State media blamed the attacks on “armed terrorists”, a term it uses to describe those trying to overthrow President Bashar Assad.
A largely peaceful uprising began more than 13 months ago but turned into an insurgency under a regime crackdown.
The UN is trying to enforce a ceasefire, and a Norwegian general arrived in Syria yesterday to take command of a team of truce observers.
Apple agrees deal with Visa on contactless payments
iPhone 6 'hidden code' could indicate sharper screens or bigger phones
Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
Ariana Grande nude photos leak: 'These are completely fake' say singer's representatives
A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
Kate Upton nude pictures leak: Model's representatives 'looking into' authenticity of naked images
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: SQL Technical ...
£85000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Head of IT (Windows, Server, VMware, SAN, ...
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Lead C# Develo...
£40000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: You will not be expected to hav...