Hezbollah admits Israeli drone launch
Friday 12 October 2012
The leader of Hezbollah has claimed responsibility for launching a drone which entered Israeli airspace earlier this week, a rare and provocative move by the Lebanese militants at a time of soaring regional tensions.
Israeli warplanes shot down the unmanned aircraft, but the infiltration marked a rare breach of Israel's airspace. Hezbollah had been the leading suspect because of its history of trying to deploy similar aircraft.
"Today we are uncovering a small part of our capabilities, and we shall keep many more hidden," Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah said in a televised address yesterday.
"It is our natural right to send other reconnaissance flights inside occupied Palestine... This is not the first time and will not be the last," he added.
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.