In pictures: Afghans debate at the Loya Jirga
Thursday 21 November 2013
Afghan delegates have assembled to listen to a speech of Afghan President Hamid Karzai during the Loya Jirga, a traditional forum dealing with significant decisions affecting the whole country.
US troops who commit crimes in Afghanistan after 2014 will be given immunity from Afghan law, the draft of an Afghan-US security deal said, as some 2,500 tribal elders gathered in Kabul to discuss the document. Taliban have condemned the meeting, saying participants would be targeted and punished as traitors.
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...