Iran pilgrims die in Iraq bombing
Friday 07 June 2013
A suicide car bomb attack has killed eight Iranian pilgrims and wounded 25 others north of Baghdad, police say.
The bomber rammed his explosive-laden car into a bus carrying Iranian Shiite pilgrims who were on their way to visit holy shrines in the city of Najaf.
The attack took place today near the town of Muqdadiyah, about 90 kilometres (60 miles) north of Baghdad.
A medical official confirmed the causality figures.
Violence has spiked in Iraq in recent weeks. Shiite pilgrims are often targeted by Sunni extremists who claim they are not true Muslims.
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£47,334 - £59,058 per annum: Coventry University: The Centre for Agroecology, ...