Iran says Turkey is option for nuclear exchange
Friday 25 December 2009
Iran's foreign minister says Turkey could be a venue for Tehran to exchange nuclear material with the West.
The statement is another of several offers Tehran has recently made without formally responding to a UN-drafted proposal that would reduce Iran's stockpile of enriched uranium and ease Western concerns over Tehran's nuclear intentions.
Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki told state TV late Thursday that Iran "does not have a problem with Turkish soil" as the location for an exchange of enriched uranium for nuclear fuel.
Iran has earlier said it would only accept the exchange on its own territory.
The UN plan requires Tehran to ship enriched uranium abroad in return for nuclear fuel for a Tehran research reactor.
Isis 'throw man off a building for homosexual affair' and beat him to death when he survives
Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
Boris Johnson claims porn-obsessed Islamic jihadists are 'literally w*****s'
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: My client is an excellent, large partially ...
£90 - £140 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: I am currently working in partnersh...
£100 - £150 per day: Tradewind Recruitment: Year 3 Teacher Birmingham Jan 2015...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...