Iranian group raises price on Salman Rushdie's head
Monday 17 September 2012
An Iranian religious body has increased the reward offered for killing the British author Salman Rushdie from $2.8m to $3.3m, according to local newspapers.
Reports in the Jomhouri Eslami daily and in other newspapers appeared to be a response to the anti-Islam film that has sparked protests across the Muslim world.
The reports said the 15 Khordad Foundation would pay the increased prize to whoever acted on the 1989 death fatwa issued by Iran's late leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini against the author of The Satanic Verses, calling the book "blasphemous".
South Korea ferry passengers who were told to stay put 'got trapped' aboard sinking ship
Are beards attractive? Ryan Gosling says yes, but science says no. Take the A-list facial hair challenge and find out who's right
Oscar Pistorius trial: Defence witness 'unqualified' to testify
Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
Oscar Pistorius trial: Defence witness contradicts athlete's version in new blow for defence team
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for sale...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Andre Johnson: Wu-Tang Clan-discovered rapper severed his penis and jumped from LA building
- 5 Mrs Doubtfire 2: Robin Williams set to star in sequel to 1993 comedy
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...