Iranian group raises price on Salman Rushdie's head
Monday 17 September 2012
An Iranian religious body has increased the reward offered for killing the British author Salman Rushdie from $2.8m to $3.3m, according to local newspapers.
Reports in the Jomhouri Eslami daily and in other newspapers appeared to be a response to the anti-Islam film that has sparked protests across the Muslim world.
The reports said the 15 Khordad Foundation would pay the increased prize to whoever acted on the 1989 death fatwa issued by Iran's late leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini against the author of The Satanic Verses, calling the book "blasphemous".
Jo from Northern Ireland was less than impressed by Russell Brand's attempt to stage a publicity stunt
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established media firm based in Surrey is ...
£40000 - £470000 per annum + bonus: Ashdown Group: Java Developer / J2EE Devel...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£30000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small technology business ...