Iranians reach out – in Spanish
Wednesday 01 February 2012
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has launched a Spanish-language satellite TV channel, saying it would hit the world's "dominance seekers" – an apparent jab at the US and the West.
The launch of Hispan TV, which will show news, documentaries and Iranian films, is Tehran's latest effort to reach Latin America after the premier's tour there in January. "It will be a means for better ties between the people and governments of Iran and Spanish-speaking nations," Mr Ahmadinejad said.
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
£13676.46 - £16411.61 per annum + OTE: SThree: SThree Trainee Recruitment Cons...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + training: Ashdown Group: Business and Marketing Gr...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Commission: SThree: Are you great at building rela...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...