Iraq: 13 dead in co-ordinated bomb attack
Thursday 08 March 2012
Two bombs exploded in swift succession yesterday, killing 13 people near a crowded restaurant in northern Iraq.
The mayor of Tal Afar said a car parked outside the restaurant exploded in the early afternoon and as people rushed to the scene to help, a suicide bomber in the crowd detonated his explosives belt. There was no immediate claim of responsibility.
Oscar Pistorius terrorised Reeva before he shot her dead, says June Steenkamp
Audacious North Korean kidnap plot foiled at Paris airport as 'Asian men' attempted to bundle student onto plane
Heroin to be prescribed to Canadian addicts by doctors
Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
- 1 Universities aren't working us hard enough, say undergraduates
- 2 Lego letter from the 1970s still offers a powerful message to parents 40 years later
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
£29500 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunit...
£32500 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Electronic Engineer is requi...
Excellent Package: Austen Lloyd: LEICESTER - SENIOR COMMERCIAL SOLICITOR- An o...
£18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT support organisation focuses on ...