Iraq: Briton's body 'to be released'
Friday 06 January 2012
The Iraqi militia that kidnapped five Britons in 2007 has offered to hand over the body of the last missing man amid claims he was "killed in a clash".
Glaswegian Alan McMenemy, 34 and working as a security guard when captured, was believed by the Foreign Office to be dead, but this is the first time the Shia group has said it will hand back the body.
The group were kidnapped by 50 to 100 armed men from the Ministry of Justice in Baghdad, and the only one to be released alive was the IT consultant Peter Moore, from Lincoln. Bodies of the other three men, also security guards, were released in 2009.
Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
Ex-Scientologist Carmen Llwyelyn blasts 'cult' and her treatment after divorce with Jason Lee
Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An On-line Sales & Customer Ser...
£15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the largest hospitality companies...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: As a result of significant cont...
£16575 - £19000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An excellent opportunity is ava...