Israel sends drones over Mediterranean gas fields
Tuesday 09 August 2011
An Israeli defence official says air force drones are carrying out surveillance missions over its gas fields in the Mediterranean Sea due to security concerns.
Israel and Lebanon do not have an agreed maritime border, and the discovery of the gas fields has created a new source of friction between the two countries, which have clashed repeatedly.
The official wouldn't specify the nature of Israeli concerns today.
Israel has discovered two gas fields thought to contain enough gas to keep it energy self-sufficient for decades.
Lebanon does not claim these fields but energy companies think there might be gas in nearby waters claimed by both countries.
Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
Most expensive city to live in for expatriates: Luanda, Angola takes number one spot with Hong Kong and Zurich in top three
Irish tourist filmed fighting with shopkeepers in Turkey says they 'messed with the wrong man'
House of Lords: Outcry as donors, fixers and MPs caught up in expenses scandal get peerages
Moody neurotics are more likely to be creative geniuses, study says
- 1 Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
- 2 Artist takes LSD, draws herself over different stages of the 9-hour trip to show its effects
- 3 Miley Cyrus address Robin Thicke VMA controversy: ‘He wanted me as naked as possible, but I got the heat because I’m a woman’
- 4 iPhone 6s camera: features to include 4K video camera and flash for selfies
- 5 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leader in the e-cigarette ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leader in the e-cigarette ...