Israel sends school trips to flash point
Friday 18 February 2011
As peace talks with the Palestinians are stalled over Jewish settlements the Israeli government plans to send schoolchildren on field trips to Hebron in the West Bank. The city, south of Jerusalem, is venerated as a holy site by both Islam and Jews and is one of the West Bank's most volatile flash points.
The Likud party's Education Minister Gideon Saar said the visits to the burial site of the biblical patriarch Abraham and home to some of Israel's most radical settlers, are part of a plan to acquaint young Israelis with their heritage.
Out-of-touch MPs ‘don’t get it’, says ex-Civil Service chief
George Clooney and Amal fail to get special treatment at New York restaurant
Cindy Crawford 'un-PhotoShopped' viral Marie Claire image was doctored, photographer claims
'A girl is more responsible for rape than a boy': The statement that shocked the world... except India
The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway in dense fog
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 The majority of sex workers enjoy their job - why should we find that surprising?
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£8 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This Pension Specialist was established early...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Central London based firm loo...
£25000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...