Israel sends school trips to flash point
Friday 18 February 2011
As peace talks with the Palestinians are stalled over Jewish settlements the Israeli government plans to send schoolchildren on field trips to Hebron in the West Bank. The city, south of Jerusalem, is venerated as a holy site by both Islam and Jews and is one of the West Bank's most volatile flash points.
The Likud party's Education Minister Gideon Saar said the visits to the burial site of the biblical patriarch Abraham and home to some of Israel's most radical settlers, are part of a plan to acquaint young Israelis with their heritage.
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 3 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
£350 - £400 per day: Orgtel: PMO Analyst - Banking - London - £350 -£400 per d...
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: Mechanical E...
£200 - £260 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Accountant, Reconciliations, Bristo...