Israeli President Peres discharged from hospital
Sunday 13 September 2009
Israeli President Shimon Peres has been discharged from a Tel Aviv hospital, a day after fainting on stage during a talk.
The 86-year-old Peres passed out briefly yesterday, then revived on his own a few seconds later.
Initially he had resisted going to hospital, but later relented and was admitted to a medical centre for observation and tests.
Spokeswoman Ayelet Frisch blamed Peres' notoriously demanding schedule for the collapse.
The director of the Chaim Sheba Medical Centre, Professor Zeev Rotstein, told Israeli media today that tests showed Peres to be in good health.
The Israeli president is not known to suffer from any health problems.
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Oscar Pistorius trial: Athlete vomits again after photographs of Reeva Steenkamp's body are shown in court
Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Indian Ocean latest search area for the aircraft and its passengers
Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic analyst says athlete 'was on his stumps' when he smashed locked toilet door with a bat
- 1 Hells of residence: Inside Macedonia's horrifying student accommodation - where the walls are green and the food is black
- 2 Arrest made after man is found by the side of the road with his penis cut off
- 3 Michael Schumacher 'experience' gives F1 legend chance to 'show his character', says Lewis Hamilton
- 4 Girl found in the Amazon rainforest with neighbour Grover Morales after going missing for 7 months
- 5 Disney's Frozen is 'very evil' gay propaganda, says Christian pastor
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Corporate / Commercial Solicitor - Buckinghams...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The world's leading mobile adver...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Construct...
£35000 - £45000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are currently ...