Israeli President Peres discharged from hospital
Sunday 13 September 2009
Israeli President Shimon Peres has been discharged from a Tel Aviv hospital, a day after fainting on stage during a talk.
The 86-year-old Peres passed out briefly yesterday, then revived on his own a few seconds later.
Initially he had resisted going to hospital, but later relented and was admitted to a medical centre for observation and tests.
Spokeswoman Ayelet Frisch blamed Peres' notoriously demanding schedule for the collapse.
The director of the Chaim Sheba Medical Centre, Professor Zeev Rotstein, told Israeli media today that tests showed Peres to be in good health.
The Israeli president is not known to suffer from any health problems.
The City of the Monkey God: Archaeologists claim to have found city lost for 1,000 years in remote Honduran jungle
Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
London property boom built on dirty money
Becky Watts: Stepbrother and his girlfriend named locally as two arrested on suspicion of murder
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A great opportunity has arisen ...
£14000 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Full time and Part time positio...
£45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: An established and reputable Not for Profit o...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Ledger & Credit Control...